1. Drink water, water, water. Our bodies are made up of 60-70% water so it stands to reason that we
should drink it not only for health but for weight loss as well. It’s been proven that water will help to
metabolize fat. It also helps to flush any salt, sugar or caffeine that you have been in taking
throughout the day
2. You absolutely need to do weight training. Incorporate it into your existing workout or increase it if
you are already doing it. Weight training burns 9 times more fat per calorie than just cardio. This
leads me to the next point.
3. Cardio and more cardio. I’m not saying do an hour of cardio every single day-seven days a week
but you must do some form of cardio. This is what burns calories. The equation is calories in,
My advice is to do a half an hour every day or 45 minutes 3-4 times per week. You can
also do a high intensity cardio plan for twenty minutes three times per week.
4. Eat!!! Eat every two to three hours. Make sure you get a balance of everything. DO NOT cut
anything out. The answer to permanent successful weight loss is to get all your dairy, fat,
carbohydrates, protein, vegetables and fruit in. If you eat every few hours you will speed up your
metabolism, thereby allowing your body to be more efficient at burning fat.
5. Use the FITT principle in every aspect of your workout plan. FITT stands for frequency, intensity,
time and type. Every week you should use one of these factors. For example for intensity:
Cardio– You are already doing a certain level on a machine or going a certain speed, increase it by a
level or move faster.
Weights– You are lifting a 25 pound bar for chest press, increase it to a 35 pound bar.
Stretching– You are stretching to a point where you feel a light stretch. With the FITT principle you
are going to try and hold it and stretch it out further.